Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Gmail Spam Fighting Tip

Gmail just went up a notch in my book. It seems like the general topic around Gmail lately has been it's effectiveness in blocking spam. Well, I did a little researching and found a feature I have been missing out on, Gmail sub addresses. This feature allows you recieve email to addresses such as youremail+spam@gmail.com or youremail+sub@gmail.com. From there you can easily create a filter for each sub address to label and organize them. I can actually sign up for anything without the fear of over-cluttering my inbox. Of course, there's always a worst case scenario so do not go signing up for every mailing list you come across. If you sign up with the wrong people, they'll simply remove your sub address and possible sell your address to thousands of spammers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a site that relates to Forum. I enjoyed reading your article and if you get a chance please check out this site: Forum

May 7, 2006 at 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does not work for me, either way round (rv2005 if you want to reply.)

January 18, 2007 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home